Beyond the Books is a weekly meme hosted by KissinBlueKaren. This week’s topic is favourite words (to say or write).
As a language student/teacher, words are my thing so this one was really fun.
- complacent – it just sounds so good *heart eyes*
- awesome – good word but also a little inside joke between someone I’m close with and myself
- invaluable – I love the idea that something is so important and useful that it “can’t be assigned a value”
- penguin – I’m obsessed with the animal but it’s also really fricken fun to say!!
- añorar – to miss, to yearn for, to long for ⇒ the sound of this word just goes so well with the meaning
- desvelado – awake, sleep-deprived, unable to sleep
- τουβλο (toovlo) – brick ⇒ another one of those words that just sounds perfect for its meaning
What are some of your favourite words? Do you have some from multiple languages?