In anticipation of the release of Shadow and Bone on Netflix and the release of Rule of Wolves, I decided to dive into a full reread of all 3 series to refresh my memory & just generally get hype. Due to how many feels I had and have, this little ??recap?? turned into more of a chaotic list of feelings and sqee moments SO it’s a little incoherent but full of feels and basically a written summary of the running commentary in my brain while going through the audiobooks.
SPOILERS (ish) INCOMING:
- Forgot why I hated Mal so I loved him….then I got to book 2 and remembered and hated him again
- Darkling isn’t as swoon-worthy the second time around/now that I’m older…high key want to punch his arrogant face
- Kinda want to see a volcra IRL…kinda don’t
- Genya, Zoya, David…yaaassssssss Grisha school peeps
- Baghra & Botkin – teach me pls
- What order would I be in? Which one do I want? Can I be all the things pls??? (Edit: I did a quiz and apparently I’m a Tidemaker which I’m totally down with!)
- I want Alina’s amplifiers because they sound like they’d look cool AF but like…without the controlling me thing?
- NIKOLAI OMFG I LOVE YOU
- Jesper & Wylan *heart eyes*
- Jesper being Jesper = yes pls
- “It’s not natural for women to fight.” // “It’s not natural for someone to be as stupid as he is tall, and yet there you stand.” –> I still need to use this comeback some day
- Scheming face
- “Oh, I see. I’m the wicked Grisha seductress. I have beguiled you with my Grisha wiles!” // She poked him in the chest. // “Stop that.” // “No. I’m beguiling you.”
- Kaz & Inej
- Nina & Matthias – HELNIK FOREVER
- THE STORM
- Kuwei Yul Bo’s cheeky moments
- JESPER AND THE PIANO ROOM SITUATION OMFG
- THE SAINTS!!!!!
- Zoya & Nikolai?? I kinda ship it??
- Poor Isaac
And there you have it! So many little bits in each book that I forgot, feelings I forgot, and the cohesiveness! I’m SO excited to see how they have married Shadow and Bone and Six of Crows for the Netflix adaptation and hope we all love it as much as we expect!
Leave a comment and let me know your favourite parts of these series! (Let’s avoid spoilers of the adaptation though as I’m sure many people, including myself, wont have a chance to binge it all today!)